Friday, February 15, 2013

True Love Week at the Disneyland Resort

Feels good to get back to the Disneyland Resort during a Friday morning.  With the Parks opening at 8 am, I got to the Resort shortly after that time.

I was hoping there wouldn't be long lines of people wanting to get in like I experienced a couple weeks ago when there were just lines everywhere.


When I got there, lines were very manageable.  I guess when the Parks open at 10 am, more people are up by then compared when the Parks open earlier like 8 am.


The Hyperion Bridge on Buena Vista Street is still getting repainted with its original cream colored white


Looking at it from the other side. The far left column has a  bit of white on the trimming.  I wonder if the remaining orangeish color is going to get repainted to a white color

As I start to walk down Buena Vista Street, I decide to go to Disneyland.  I figured with it still early, Disneyland would be less crowded and I can get some shots without all the people in my way.

So I leave Disney California Adventure and head over to Disneyland


No lines to get inside the Main Gate


True Love took place all week in celebration of Valentines Day




A Meet-n-Greet area.  I think this set up, with some small changes here and there, would also work great when Easter rolls around


Love the butterflies


And the flowers






Looking back and see the Carthay Circle Restaurant






Even looking at Sleeping Beauty Castle, it has received some small details for True Love week


Fantasy Faire is coming along fast since it is pretty much a month from opening


The tent structure recently received its topper














I like turtles!














The Rapunzel tower!




Figaro and the bird cage can be seen, still wrapped in plastic







Taking a break by stopping over the Snow White's Wishing Well
























Some detail work over at the Fantasy Faire


Another shot of Rapunzel's tower






Flags grace the perimeter of the Royal Theatre tent










Over at Big Thunder Mountain Railroad..


The El Dorado Hotel is pretty much just a skeleton of a frame




Trying to get a picture of a section of Big Thunder track. ha ha.








Mad Tea Party opened for Guests






Cinderella's Stepmother and stepsisters were out in the "small world" mall


Sorry lady, but I will prove how much prettier I am than you.


I just got my hair did




They are really drawing a crowd


"Of course, there's the mending, and the sewing, and the laundry. Oh yes, and one more thing. See that Lucifer gets his bath"


"When I twirl, my dress does too. See!"


"Oh, pretty girls!"


"What do you mean I can't join your pretty group."


See, I can easily fit with your group


"If I take this autograph book, I can take it upstairs to get the Prince's autograph, where he will see me and fall madly in love with me.  He will forget all about ... Cinderella!"




"I have heard men find women with kids beautiful. Do you mind if I borrow you for a bit little girl? I just want to use you to land me a prince"






Be warned, they are rambunctious out there


Remind me that when we have kids, that we are gonna raise them with manners














Fantasy Faire lantern












The river is ready for Fantasmic!




With it being warm mid 70's day, it was nice to have Splash Mountain operating so people can get nice and wet














Mickey and Minnie dressed up for True Love week






As I was heading out of Disneyland, this is what it looked like just to go in.


But for Disney California Adventure, pretty much a walk in. No hassle




















New Single Rider Sign to remind Guests that by using that option they will be split up


At Muppet Vision 3D




One way to get people to ride Monster's Inc. Mike and Sully to the Rescue! is to have Mike at the entrance










Would it have been hard to mimic this hairstyle in the "Under the Sea" segment of The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure





That will conclude today's pictorial
Thanks for stopping by and checking it out.

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment