Friday, February 8, 2013

Visiting the Disneyland Resort on Disney California Adventure's 12th Birthday

Earlier this week, I went to Disneyland to do a pictorial report because of work, I didn't think I would be able to do one for Friday.

But it turns out that I was able to leave work just mid-afternoon.  With rain continuing to be in the forecast, I didn't feel like getting caught up in any. So I decided that I would go for an hour or two.


Arriving at Disney California Adventure first


As I am heading into Buena Vista Street, people couldn't help but glance at the group of people (on the right) dressed up in "Steam Punk"




On the side of the Hyperion bridge facing Carthay Circle Theatre, the column is getting a repaint. Maybe they didn't care for the color change they recently painted and may be changing it back to the original color.
Some say it's a waste of money to paint the Hyperion bridge a different color, only to repaint it back. Even if that is the case, I still applaud Disney for experimenting and trying different things.












Over near The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure, the Lunar New Year is taking place




See Minnie


And Mickey
































I am the Year of the Snake








Mulan! Mulan!
























Silly Symphony Swings under refurbishment until March


Even some rain doesn't damper Mulan




One minute it is raining and the next it is bright and sunny






Sup!






Heading to Disneyland


Flags in motion






The spire has been place on top




Reminds me from Peter Pan's Flight facade




Oh! What do I see there!








The tower's crest medallion with the initials of CPG, Carnation Plaza Gardens tribute
















Big Thunder Mountain refurbishment


Some of the Rainbow Ridge town at Big Thunder is nothing but building frames




Over at Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree, it is pretty empty








Another look at a section, the goat trick turn, from Big Thunder


Skyway's chalet




The design along the frame has been painted in




Another shot of Fantasy Faire construction




Looking towards Tomorrrowland



















That will conclude today's pictorial

No comments:

Post a Comment