Friday, March 8, 2013

Beating the Rain Before It Hits the Disneyland Resort

Last night, it had rained so I wasn't sure if I was going to head to the Disneyland Resort today when I normally go.

This morning, I looked outside and noticed the sky was cloudy. I checked my weather app on my phone to see when the rain would be hitting the area which stated between the hours of 8 am - 10 am.  When the rain didn't arrive, I thought I might as well head to the Disneyland Resort before it does hit. That way at least I can get some pictures.

So I decided to walk.


Even from my walk, I can see the crane being used for Big Thunder Mountain Railroads refurbishment


With a 9 am opening for both Disney California Adventure and Disneyland, I made good time by getting there about 10 minutes after opening. No lines to get in either Park when I got there.  Maybe the threat of rain kind of scare some away.


Walking down Buena Vista Street




Grizzly River Run




Some people like to get wet any time of the day as long as they have rain gear on them.  I wonder how much protection it gives.


Did ... Did they just plant this tree during the recent refurbishment? I say that cause while I was walking and looking at the few pictures I just took, I literally almost walked right into the trashcans






I love it when the sky is blue with white clouds




Toy Story Midway Mania had a delayed opening. As I was walking by, it was starting to open up


The female Pier costumes with pant options.  Notice they are a darker blue than the male boardwalk barker costumes










Jumpin' Jellyfish with its safety railings for when work is being done on top






Mater's Junkyard Jamboree seems to be almost complete with its resurfacing project. Both sides should be in operation tomorrow


At first there was no line to get a FastPass for Radiator Springs Racers. As I am getting out my camera to snap a shot, a a woman yells out to her kids to get in line for a FastPass for Cars, then everyone within earshot hears it and then books it for a FastPass


At  9:50 am, the return window was about 5 hours ahead.


Hopefully this will be the next area that gets sprucing up




Dark clouds are starting to loom over the Resort


Heading into Disneyland






Tarzan's Treehouse closed due to the forecasted rain




Annual Passholders in line for a preview of Fantasy Faire




Big Thunder Mountain Railroad refurbishment


The crane was moving.  Amazing how this actually looks when it appears to be right above you while it's in motion


Rainbow Ridge is getting rebuilt










Another person on Splash Mountain with rain gear


















Over at Fantasy Faire....  a shot of Clopin's Music Box


Alice Davis visiting Fantasy Faire


Figaro and the bird should get inside.  It looks like it could rain soon








Look at those thick dark clouds


Looking North


And then looking South.  It's so much brighter looking South




Over at the Fortuosity Shop






With the release of Oz The Great and Powerful, some Oz related merchandise is being sold




My Little Pony!
















Why does Disney keep insisting that stores Cast Members get out there with merchandise to hawk at Guests. I have yet to see anyone who is like "Mom, Look! Mickey gloves! I want a pair. I want Mickey gloves"  or a Chewie backpack,  I find it to be tacky






Bob Gurr left Disneyland as I was leaving


Looking at Disney California Adventure.

Walking back home, I did catch a few rain drops.  Not too long after that it did finally rain for a short time

That will conclude today's pictorial
Thanks for stopping by and checking it out

Until Next Time...

4 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of the castle. They turned out great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was amazing how dark those clouds were behind the Castle.

      Delete
  2. Great pictures of the castle with all the dark clouds behind it, and it must have been a great day at the parks having BOB and Alice roaming around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did Disney officially buy Hasbro? Why is there a My Little Pony shirt in Disneyland?!

    I must be missing something. (regardless, I'd LOVE to have that shirt, haha!)

    ReplyDelete